A firewall is a security system that controls the incoming and outgoing network traffic between your business and the internet
A firewall could be seen as the all-in-one security system to protect your house. It’s a bit like securing the perimeter with a good fence, then adding good door locks, intruder alarm, security camera and all the other parts to home security.
Unlike the house with only a few entry points, a computer network has thousands of entry points and all these need to be controlled. The firewall has the main purpose of controlling all these entry points, only allowing those who should have access get in. Having a firewall can help deter potential attackers as they see the extra layer of complex security and move onto find an unprotected network.
- Protect downtime for computers and devices on your network, keeping them safe from cyber attacks
- Protect your business data
- Protect your staffs data
- Become Data Security compliant. A firewall is a required security control to comply with security regulations and standards, including GDPR
- Realtime monitors
- Firewalls keep up to date with the latest threats
- Firewalls can also provide a VPN solution to allow staff to connect remotely in a safe, controlled and authorised way