A recent survey suggests that nearly 70% of the hacking incidents occur when you connect to unsecured Wi-Fi networks at coffee shops, restaurants, airports, and other public places
One of the biggest changes to how we work in recent times has been the increase of ‘Computing on the Go’. With this, however, comes one of the biggest threats to computer security – the use of public WiFi networks.
There is no way of knowing who is running these networks, if they are secure and protected against malicious attackers listening in and recording traffic.
There are many instances of fake networks setup in coffee shops and other public spaces which enable attackers to record and log emails and passwords for any login, like social networks, and even worse, banking.
A VPN provides a way of using these networks, but securing your data transfer through them.
Imagine a VPN as a near hack-proof, encrypted tunnel for online traffic to flow. Nobody can see through the tunnel, see what is in there or get their hands on your internet data.
Using a VPN gives you peace of mind each time you use public Wi-Fi, access personal and work accounts on the go, or want to keep your browsing history to yourself.
WHAT IS A MOBILE VPN?
- A small application installed on mobile devices or laptops
- VPN stands for “virtual private network” – a service that protects your internet connection and privacy online.
- That creates a secure tunnel where your important communications cannot be read
- Protection against the vulnerabilities of Guest WiFi (coffee shops, hotles, airports)
WHAT CAN I DO WITH A VPN?
- Have peace of mind when out and about, to not think about whose Internet you are using
- Hide your real IP address and surf the web with added privacy
- Protect your confidential information (such as online banking credentials or social media passwords) through VPN encryption
Unblock and access your favourite websites and social media platforms
Stream and download anything securely, anonymously (Like access Hulu, Netflix US, HBO)