Skype for Business Online will be retired on July 31, 2021 and will no longer be accessible or supported. Now is the time to be making the transition to the latest collaboration service, Microsoft Teams.
What does Microsoft Teams allow?
Microsoft Teams lets you host audio, video, and web conferences with anyone inside or outside your organization. Teams of 10 or 10,000 can meet online in one place, no matter where they are. Microsoft Teams has a whole host of features which allows you to easily share files, participate in one-to-one and group chats, organise calendars and meeting, all with enterprise-grade security.
The Benefits of Microsoft Teams
- Communicate more effectively – Microsoft Teams combines the use of many collaborative tools to help staff within your business chat, makes calls hold online meetings and web conferencing. And if all that is no enough, you can share funny GIF (short motion images) links with your colleagues.
- Work better together – Microsoft Teams allows you to collaborate on online files, create meeting bookings, make and keep notes and upload/share documents and links.
- Customize your workspace – Microsoft Teams is always up-to-date, and the scalability of Teams means that it’s easy to add users as your business grows. It removes the additional pain of managing Skype separately and with its integration into the other Office apps, it’s an exciting addition to the Microsoft platform.
- Keep your team secure – Get end-to-end security, administrative control, and compliance: all powered by Microsoft 365.
- Microsoft Teams is included within most Microsoft 365 licenses, at no additional cost.
We can Help
Moving from Skype to Microsoft Teams is hugely beneficial and very easy for small businesses. We can help you learn more about it through a collection of short (3 minute) videos on how to use each part of Teams. Alternatively we can arrange a short training course to get you up and running quickly.
Give us a call or drop us a line if you would like to arrange a demo; would like to start using Teams with your existing license; or simply want one of our team to help you share a gif of a cat doing something funny.